Wednesday 27 June 2012

Day 234: The Path of Least Resistance

Like this (thanks,
Farrow'n Ball)
Today I pass a car - a Vauxhall - that is the most unusual colour.  A flat, non-metallic, mushroomy grey-brown.  Not an obvious choice, but a brilliant one, as it is exactly the colour of ambient car dirt.  A car that will never need washing.  A guilt-free car! 

A great example of working with what's already there.  I recently saw an interview with an allotment owner who didn't waste energy digging weeds up.  He simply cut them off at the base, allowing the roots to die back, naturally aerating and composting the soil.  Double win. 

I intend to adopt this approach wherever possible. 

OMDB
This is in NO way an excuse for living like a slattern.  Not at all.  I mean, it's not as if, for instance, I'd seriously consider a brown bathroom suite. 

Obviously not. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment