Wednesday 27 June 2012

Day 233: Posturing

A group discussion about the importance of eye contact.  General consensus is that 'sustained' eye contact increases your level of presence.  So I ask them at what point does 'sustained' tip over into creepy and stalkerish?   The reply?  'When it's combined with bad posture.'  I was so surprised and delighted by this that coffee came out of my nose.

Because it's pretty accurate.  If you stand like a hero, at the very worst, sustained eye contact seems challenging.  Stand like the shopping centre pervert (I'm assuming all provincial towns are similar to my hometown in having at least three of these), and at best, sustained eye contact smacks of lotion in a basket being lowered into a well.

Makes me think of Jimeoin's brilliant routine about eyebrows - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6KBPGQPswQ - which is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment