Wednesday 31 October 2012

Day 345: Dwarves Not Yetis

A trawl up the motorway, an hour spent in the Jasper Carrott Suite at Birmingham City Football Club, and then a trawl back down the motorway. 

The day definitely needs some livening-up.  Fortunately, as I radio channel-surf, I tune into a news story that scientists have done tests on HAIR found in a Siberian cave (promising).  It is not a match for normal cave-dwelling types - bears, wolves, goats (even more promising).  It belongs somewhere on the monkey/human DNA spectrum, closer to the human end.  Yes - the implication is that this is YETI hair.  (Bingo!  Day enlivened.)

An internet search reveals that there have been 'sightings' in the area since the seventies.  My favourite incident involves a couple of 'yetis', walking up a hill, carrying rudimentary implements, and 'making a whistling noise'. 


I'm no scientist, but surely this is a case of mistaken identity?  Carrying tools?  Whistling?  Oh, come on!

I want to believe. Truly I do.   But unlike these so-called 'scientists', I cannot ignore the facts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment