Thursday 18 October 2012

Day 332: Wee Fee

The public toilets in Covent Garden piazza are no longer free of charge.  It costs FIFTY PENCE to get in.  For that I'd want a guided tour, and a leaflet.  Plus tea room and gift shop.  Plus limitless refills. 

Free Weiwei.  (Sorry.)
Free weeing is fast becoming a thing of the past.  Still possible at Blackfriars station, but only because the turnstiles aren't properly up-and-running.  There's a toilet at City Thameslink that seems to have fallen off the radar.  It's pretty ancient, tucked away in a corner and forgotten, but gloriously free.  As are, amazingly, the toilets at St Pancras International - but I can't imagine they will remain that way.

Sign of the times.  Free wifi?  Yes.  Free wee wee?  No.   

Meanwhile we are still being told to drink more water for health reasons. 

I for one will only be hydrated around free wee areas.  Otherwise I will be limiting my fluid intake on economic grounds.

I foresee an increase in wild weeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment