Tuesday 2 October 2012

Day 317: Doe, A Deer

Mine's brown, not silver
New running route.  Which takes me through ancient Batch Wood.  Every wood has an atmosphere.  Some are genial.  Some are sinister.  Some are wild.  Some - like this one - have me spooked.  In that synaptic all-systems-on-full-alert way.  I am hyper-aware of my surroundings. 

A slight noise to my left.  It's a doe.  Expecto Patronum!  I stop.  We look at each other.  I carry on running, and realise that she is still alongside, pacing me.  Definitely Expecto Patronum.  (I am like Severus Snape.)

Then a dog comes crashing through the undergrowth and the doe shoots away into the depths of the wood.  

Oh dear.  It seems that my Patronus is cowardly, easily spooked, and scared of dogs.  (Not like Snape, then.)  Disappointed, if not entirely surprised...   

No comments:

Post a Comment