Monday 1 October 2012

Day 314: The Swish Of the Curtain

A day devoted to constructive frittering.  Finally replace the broken hooks and runners on the curtains in the bedroom.  Finally repair the broken lid of the pottery jar in which stray Euros live (currency, not refugees).  Finally speak to the friend who I've been meaning to contact for weeks. 


Deluxe Glider.  Who knew?
Disproportionate pleasure gained - from the curtains, in particular.  I now understand how the modular rail system works (curtains, not locomotives).  Although I think it counts as vintage (had to get spares on the internet), so unlikely to benefit me in the future, but still - I like to know.

Which isn't to say that the pot-mending and the friend-contact didn't give me pleasure.  They did.  I just never doubted them, as I did the Swish system.  Conversion is a much more interesting narrative journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment