Tuesday 30 October 2012

Day 344: Admin Eggman

Administrative duties.  Tax return signed, sealed, delivered.  It's yours (assuming you are HMRC).  Trips to two postal depots - one to pick up two parcels; one to send eight.  The Beatles famously said  'The love you take is equal to the love you make.'  It seems that this equation does not extend to parcels - at the moment I am six down. 

Probably being hasty.  Remind self that The Beatles' love equation is prefaced by the words 'And in the end' - which implies an end-of-days reckoning.  Perhaps by that stage the parcel imbalance will have righted itself.  (And in the end, the parcels you tend, are equal to the parcels you send.)

Remind self that The Beatles also famously said 'I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.'  So, by this reckoning, the parcels coming in and the parcels going out are one and the same.  One big universal parcel, man. 

Remind self that The Beatles also famously said 'Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower, Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna, Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.  I am the eggman.  They are the eggmen.  I am the walrus.'

Disregard Beatles as a credible philosophical/mathematical source. 

Reconsider.  I am the eggman.  The parcels are the eggmen.  We are all eggmen. 

I do not like administration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment