Saturday 20 October 2012

Day 334: Alarm Alarm

I have been sleeping badly for the last couple of days.  Because I have alarm clock anxiety.  On Wednesday, although set and double-checked, it remained silent.  Fortunately it didn't matter, because I woke up anyway.  The next day, the alarm worked fine.  But I was already tensely awake - as I had been for an hour.  The damage has been done - the trust is gone.  

I have the same situation with the timer on the cooker.  Sometimes it goes off; sometimes it remains mute.  Capricious inconsistency. 

I can live with the cooker.  I have a watch, and a sense of smell.  But the alarm clock's days are numbered.  Replacement is ordered and on its way. 

I used to live in a flat where you couldn't rely on an alarm clock.  Because despite the time you set it, by morning it would be set to something completely different.  I'm not going to attempt an explanation.  I've no idea.  It just happened like that.  Different alarm clocks.  Multiple alarm clocks.  Same thing.  Just came to accept it as an irritating inevitability. 

Fortunately I suspect that my current situation will be under control by early next week.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment