Thursday 25 October 2012

Day 339: Autumn Montage

I am living an autumn montage.  I rake fallen leaves which are blanketing the garden, and admire the acer, which has turned Chinese dragon red.  Some enterprising spiders have created a maze of zip wires between all the shrubs. 

Then a long conker-strewn run to my favourite destination - the Tudor ruins of Gorhambury Manor, which are spookily shrouded in mist.  On the grass where the cloisters once stood there are fairy rings of toadstools.  The bark on the trees is black with damp.  Back home I cook a pumpkin curry.  A witchy black cat steals into the garden and then sits on the window sill, peering into the kitchen nosily. 

The only way this could get any more Hallowe'enish is if a gaggle of small ghosts and skeletons was to arrive at the front door, expecting chocolate and armed with eggs and flour if none is forthcoming.  Roll on, next Wednesday. 

On Thursday I will be washing my car.  The annual autumn wash. 



No comments:

Post a Comment