Tuesday 25 September 2012

Day 309: Cardigone

This is the first morning I leave the house in real darkness.  Cannot pretend anymore - it is definitely autumn.  The heating is on and I've dusted off my boots.  Good.  I'm always pleased when September cranks in fully.  More stuff happens, better films released etc. 

Unfortunately, to coincide with the arrival of colder weather, I manage to shrink my favourite cardigan.  Don't understand how this has come about - I use a low temperature on the mollycoddling cycle.  It emerges, horribly stiff and unyielding.  Like a rigid two-year old.  Sleeves now finish a good six inches above the wrist on my long, monkey arms.  I try to cajole and stretch it (no good), then try to convince myself that it's fine - just more jacket-y than it was (fail).  It's properly ruined. 

I can live quite happily with holes and thin patches.  I cannot live with this felty inflexibility. 

Life philosophy via the medium of the cardigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment