Monday 17 September 2012

Day 301: Irritable Bowl Syndrome

Thanks to a combination of insufficent crockery investment and butter fingers, this is a one-bowl household.  If more than one person wants cereal, it will be a staggered, bowl-tag business.  Limping along on two bowls has been tricky.  Inevitably at least one bowl will be in the sink, tagged with dried muesli.  But one bowl is ridiculous.

So I have bought FOUR new bowls.  I know, I know.  Most people probably have matching sets of six different kinds of bowl - cereal, soup, pudding etc.  But for me, four bowls is progress.  I do not own 'matchy' crockery.  And these new ones are pristine - white, perfect and unchipped.  They look out of place in the cupboard, next to their mongrelish, raffish neighbours. 

I'm not worried.  I give them days before they get that lived-in look.  Hours, possibly. 

Bowl movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment