Saturday 15 September 2012

Day 299: More Balls Than Most

This morning I experience a new level of apex predator disrespect during my run.  I am thundering along a very narrow piece of pavement that borders a park - it's a downhill slope, so I'm picking up a fair bit of speed.  An orange cat is sitting (cat-on-mat style) right in the middle of the pavement.  Wide-faced, so I'm guessing this is cattus intactus.  As I bear down, he regards me boldly and coolly.  Soon he will move.  Soon. 

He doesn't.  He simply doesn't.  He holds his ground.  Like that student and the tank in Tiananmen Square, but without the politics.  I have no choice, thanks to parked cars and railings.  I have to jump over him.  He STAYS PUT. 

This cat has more balls than most. 

Or no legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment