Wednesday 29 August 2012

Day 283: Daarn Sing + Tears in Migh Yighs

Today's job requires me to sit in on the last fifteen minutes of the very dull introduction to a graduate induction programme.  The woman doing the talking has a very strong Welsh accent, which is quite soothing and pleasant.  I drift off mentally to a blur of business speak, but wake up at the words 'Midge Ure review'. 

It takes a couple of beats before I realise (disappointingly) that what she actually said was 'mid-year review.'  (Try it out.  Say 'Midge Ure review' and you've got a pretty convincing Welsh accent on the go.)

How I wish I had been right first time.  That's a properly maverick and despotic way to make sure your graduates are up to speed.

'No, I don't want to know about your lousy business development ideas.  Just gimme a critique of 'Vienna' and make it quick, goddammit!'

 

No comments:

Post a Comment