Tuesday 28 August 2012

Day 281: Bank Holiday Bacon

Woke up with a pressing need for a bacon sandwich.  No bacon in the house.  Faced with the walk up to town, I would normally find my need less pressing than I originally thought.  Not today.  A purposeful march to the supermarket.  Bacon sourced (not any old bacon - 'Finest' bacon).  Head straight for the self-service tills, and scan bacon, money at the ready.  Not so fast!  'Approval needed.' 

For bacon?  What if I don't get approval?  What if the management at Tesco's (other supermarkets are available - and indeed preferable, but this is a proximity decision) somehow know that my diet is already dangerously high in salt, which I love, and they decide not to grant me approval? 

It's fine.  The guardian of the self-service tills doesn't give me a second look as she swipes approval.  She's preoccupied with doing induction training for a new member of staff, who is getting all the attention.  Unsurprising - particularly as she (the inductee) is around six foot five and distinctly Adam's apple-ish. 

I like your hiring policy, Tesco's.  But you're going to have to lift the bacon approval requirement if you really want to win me round. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment