Wednesday 22 August 2012

Day 275: Black and White

Day two of the intermittent fasting trial.  It's not particularly pleasant, but it is surprisingly easy.  Probably because it completely suits my all-or-nothing proclivities.  I like simple black-and-white rules.  That's why I've always found elimination diets simple.  No carbs - no problem.  I think I'd struggle with anything that requires complicated systems, weighing and measuring.  Tedious and too all-consuming. 

On that level, I'm also enjoying not having to think about meals - the planning, shopping, and cooking.  Makes me realise how much time I spend doing all these things.  Sometimes I enjoy them, but more often they feel like a chore.  Today I have loads more time to do other stuff, which is good. 

But what I'm really enjoying is the psychological advances - ignoring the part of me that is panicking about not eating every four hours.  Interesting to find that I don't have to listen to it.  After a while it stops wittering, and eventually it shuts up completely.   

Admittedly, I've chosen to do this on a couple of slack days.  It might be a different story if I were very busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment