Wednesday 1 August 2012

Day 254: Stroking Breast Correctly

The television is full of Olympic swimmers.  Watching them do breaststroke, I realise I have got this swimming thing ALL WRONG.  There's a great deal more vertical action than I'd previously thought.  Probably because I've always modelled my stroke on a wind-up bath frog that I used to have.  Body level in the water, legs and arms doing vaguely circular motions.  It sort-of works.  If you want to swim like a plastic toy. 

Sharron - unimpressed

Therein lies the importance of role models.  Who knows where I'd be if, instead of a plastic frog, I'd focused on, say, 1980's swimming sensation Sharron Davies?  (Probably further down the pool.  That's where.)  

I'm considering how I should title this post.  The obvious thing would be to include the word 'breaststroke' - thereby ensuring its popularity.  It is crappily predictable that the top two of my most read posts are 'Ghost Tits' and 'Bust of Chicken'...

Oh well.  You've got to work with what you've got (lemons>lemonade etc).  Strap in.   

No comments:

Post a Comment