Thursday 22 November 2012

Day 366: Reasonably Priced

A day that has been looming in my diary for some time.  Two jobs - one in the City, one in Reading - with not as much time as I'd like to get between the two.  But both are sufficiently financially compelling that I'm prepared to run/panic/take a gamble that all trains will behave. 

Amazingly, they do.  But on the way home, the Bakerloo line is very moody, stopping sulkily at each station for prolonged minutes with the doors shut.  It's rammed and stuffy, and there is a woman behind me yapping loudly and sharply elbowing me in the back.  I do not like her.  Nor do I like the man in front who is leaning on the pole that I am trying to hold onto.  He shifts to full body contact with the pole, which is nestling unpleasantly in the groove between his arse cheeks.  To accommodate his full body lolling, I've had to move my hand up high.  And then he throws his head back and his hair TOUCHES MY HAND!  This is disproportionately horrible.

Most days I would take direct action in cases of aggressive personal-space violation.  Today I live with it.  It seems like a small price to pay for a day that could have backfired horribly but didn't. 

The hair business is pushing it though...

No comments:

Post a Comment