Friday 2 November 2012

Day 347: Metaphorce Feeding

Powerless
Today my laptop refuses to boot up.  The power light is flashing, although everything is plugged in correctly, so I wonder if the cable is totalled.  I try a spare one.  Still no joy. 

Dust off the back-up laptop (again).  With a crank of the propeller, and the chocks removed, it gamely sputters into life.  Although I have to balance it on a couple of paperbacks to allow for undercarriage ventilation.  Only simple tasks can be undertaken.  Anything more triggers a terrible whining noise, which heralds an abrupt and non-negotiable shut-down.   


Pointless
Building on yesterday's metaphors, I realise I am now both spineless AND powerless. 

What will tomorrow bring?  Do I own a boat that could, perhaps, lose its rudder? 

There's one thing it will bring for sure.  A trip to PC World. 

Hooray.   

No comments:

Post a Comment