Monday 5 November 2012

Day 350: I Want You, Back

Wake to heavy rain, and the need for a Sunday paper.  Which means braving the heavy rain to walk up to the shops.  Normally I would nimbly dodge between the rain drops, but today my back still so immobile that I am shuffling like a pensioner, and making involuntary 'ooouff' noises. 

I convince myself that the walk will loosen things up.  It doesn't.  As I stiffly hobble across the road to the newsagent, I anticipate but am not fast enough to avoid the sheet of water kicked up by an impatient car.  Soaked in a mixture of rain-water, WKD and teenage vomit (we're right outside St Albans' premier 'nite spot'.)  Bad.  But a clear-cut opportunity for some classic fist-shaking.  Good.  

I can't wait for my back to return to me.  I will bend extravagantly.  Unnecessarily.  I will twist and lift, carelessly.   I will revel in the luxury of taking it for granted again. 

Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it
I just want you, Back, for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment