Friday 16 November 2012

Day 358: Raindrops On Roses

A terrible drive home.  There has been a massive fire at a local recycling plant, which means road closures all around St Albans.  Traffic destined for two major roads is being diverted through the narrow chariot tracks of the town centre.  Gridlock and road rage abounds. 

About to seriously lose patience myself, but am cheered up no end by Barry Cryer on 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue'.  He is lugubriously singing the words of 'My Favourite Things' to the tune of Chopin's Funeral March.  Actually laugh out loud at the radio.  And then I don't feel so bad. 

A few years ago I met Barry Cryer at the Edinburgh Festival.  He was incredibly open and relaxed and funny.  I liked him immediately.  Today he is one of my favourite things. 

Try it.  It's good:-

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things


No comments:

Post a Comment