Wednesday 30 May 2012

Day 205: Burn or Walk?

Sometimes a day comes along where you feel strongly that you are in the wrong place.  Today I also have that itchy feeling that I have experienced ever time I am about to burn my boats and bridges, and walk.  This is how it starts - the itchiness.  Which builds and builds until the final moment comes, which is like stepping off a cliff and free-falling.  When I know I'm going to jump, and there is NOTHING I can do, because some other part of me is in control. 

I've experienced this about eight times in my life.  It's exhilarating, and the outcome is invariably necessary, but I recognise that although there's part of me that likes throwing all the cards up in the air, it's foolhardy.  I could just choose to take a different path before pushing things to the cliff-edge.  Walk away, but keep access to the boats and the bridges.  In the knowledge that I may never have to use them again, but I could if I needed. 

This is what I choose to take from today.  Watch this space.  Will I burn or have I evolved enough to walk away?

No comments:

Post a Comment