Tuesday 8 May 2012

Day 186: The Beast of Bodmin

After a long weekend of eating and drinking without moderation, my run this morning is not impressive.  I heave myself round the park like an ancient and resentful labrador.  It is extraordinary the impact that just three days has had.  I believe I have a food hangover.  And that's not a euphemism for my belly (although I may start calling it exactly that).  I feel sluggish and listless and out-of-focus. 

I'm not suggesting for a minute that this is completely alien to my usual state.  I am frequently sluggish, listless and out-of-focus, but this has a different quality.  It feels chemical, like a come-down. 

Fortunately, I know how this plays out.  It will be considerably better by tomorrow morning, and by Thursday morning I should be back to normal.  In other words, just standard sluggish/listless/out-of-focus.  Not Taste The Difference.

I have just spotted a massive black cat in the garden.  Almost large enough to spark geographically inaccurate Beast of Bodmin rumours.  Thank goodness for the internet.  A search turns up many pictures of the B.O.B.  This is one of them.  From this picture I can make a positive identification.  The Beast of Bodmin is definitely in my back garden.   

What is the difference between a domestic black cat, and the Beast of Bodmin?  Not sure.  Probably a long weekend of eating and drinking without moderation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment