Thursday 3 May 2012

Day 180: Ka Mate

Day two of job-from-hell.  Feeling stronger thanks to a proper night's sleep.  Controlling alpha boss has started to trust me, and is relaxed enough to crack some Germanic jokes. 

There is some light relief at the end of the day (and a break for me) in the form of a visit from two Maoris (Bruce and Lawrence) in tribal dress, who have been booked to teach everyone a Haka.  The classic one that the All Blacks do before matches. 

Ka mate, ka mate (Will I die?  Will I die?)
Ka ora, ka ora (Will I live?  Will I live?)

Yup.  That just about sums up the last couple of days for me...

The booker rings me as I get home.  He has spoken to the client, who says I 'pulled a blinder'.  Would I be prepared to do a repeat of the same job for them? 

There is a moment's pause.  I tell him to ask me in a couple of weeks.  When the wounds have healed and the scars are starting to fade. 

Ā, upane! Ka upane! (Onwards and upwards!)

No comments:

Post a Comment