Wednesday 16 May 2012

Day 192: Going Open Kimono

On the radio this morning I hear the phrase 'open kimono'.   It's not a programme about delicate cherry blossom geishas, but an interview with the bluff boss of a multi-national energy company.  

Apparently 'open kimono' means no secrets - from the Samurai tradition of showing that you have no weapons concealed beneath your robes.  The meaning makes complete sense, even if I don't like the business-speak context.

But what I like even less is the hideous image that immediately springs to my mind.   Grizzled poon-hound Peter Stringfellow, naked and on display beneath a coyly open 1970s synthetic kimono.   This at 6.30 in the morning.   What is wrong with me?   Where are the noble Samurai?

Imagine my horror when I find THIS (see right) on the internet.  Have I manifested this? Am I responsible?

Or perhaps I have unguardedly allowed my mental kimono to fall open, and I am under psychic attack from Stringfellow.  What other grotesque 'pop ups' will be visited on me?  Thongs?  Droopy buttocks?  Mullets?  Smuggery?

Do what you want, Peter - but NOT IN MY HEAD.   Invade someone else's kimono.

No comments:

Post a Comment