Thursday 19 April 2012

Day 165: April Showers

Lots of rain.  Some of it cold and slushy.  Then a few flakes of snow, drifting softly across my windscreen.  I thought it was cherry blossom at first.  Blossom and snow may look very similar (small, light, white) but they move very differently. 

This was definitely snow.  I only saw about four flakes, but it still counts.  Snow in April.

Not a first.  It snowed in April when I was nine.  I was in my dad's car, with my friends Nicky and Sarah, on the way to Hever Castle.  But by the time we arrived, the snow had stopped, and the sun had come out. 

The gardens at Hever are full of statues.  Lots of Grecian nudes.  I spent a disproportionate time photographing marble bottoms with my new camera (plasticky and very basic).  Idiot.   

No comments:

Post a Comment