Tuesday 3 April 2012

Day 149: Thin Line

A morning spent in Shoreditch, people-watching.  I am delighted to spot Mark Petty, one of Hoxton's noted trendsetters and characters.  He's in pink and red today.  Not as glorious as his outfit in the picture, but still a cut above the average punter on Brick Lane. 

I also see a man in a kilt, who looks wrong.  He's wearing it very neatly with white tights, lace-up granny boots, white jumper and fur jerkin.  His hair looks City investor.  It's horrible.  That said, I am truly delighted to see it, just so I can revel in its unpleasance. 


Afternoon slumped in front of 'The Wire' - there's been enough of a break for me to be ready to watch it again.  And it is so very, very good.  'Thin line 'tween heaven and here' - the epigraph for one of the episodes I watch.  It's an observation made by Bubbles, reminding McNulty that he may live in a middle-class neighbourhood, but with a broken marriage and an alcohol problem, he's only ever a step away from the street.

The thin line is everywhere.  Take note, fashionistas.

No comments:

Post a Comment