Friday 24 February 2012

Day 112: Character Patina

Today has been a day of paying out.  Road tax.  Public liability insurance.  Accountancy fees.  Car service*. 

Then I got a call about government grants for the elderly, from a man who was pretty insistent that I was a) a man and b) a pensioner. 

Then I made some flapjacks. 


Oh, the impossible GLAMOUR of it all.  I'm giddy from spending too long on the rollercoaster of dreams. 

* Barely recognise the car when it's returned to me.  I eye it suspiciously.

Suddenly I work out what's wrong.  It has been WASHED. 
A full twelve month's of character patina has been carelessly removed.  Philistines.

Of course sometimes patina does not add character.  Sometimes it is just plain insanitary**.

The Chinese meal I eat for supper has patina. 

** Pleases me to realise that from 'plain insanitary' you can get both 'patina' and 'sarin'.  OK, OK - I know.  That still leaves you with i, n, l and y.

That's fine.  They're LEFTOVERS.  Like those rancid prawn crackers. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment