Monday 5 December 2011

Day 30: Fiddlesticks and Flapdoodle

Another dawn meditation.  Three have fallen by the wayside, and have chosen to stay in bed.  The retreat is non-denominational, so all are fine with this new form of spirituality.  The Way of Duvet.

At breakfast my toast sets off the smoke alarm.  Not very spiritual.  The Way of Duvet followers emerge to find me flapping a cushion at the ceiling.  (Sort-of spiritual, in a Russian Orthodox swinging incense-type way.  Or that's how I'm seeing it, anyway.)   

More energy work and meditation.  Several people have profound experiences and weep.  Some see symbols of light, silver rings, rainbows.   It is hard not to compare.
 
Because I am visited by Professor Yaffle and a wrecking ball.  Probably very appropriate - if less poetic.  (I do not share the Professor Yaffle experience - not sure it will be appreciated...).

Maybe I will never get the infinity symbols or the glowing stars.  It will be a yarn necklace.  Or Monica from Master Chef.  (Actually, that would be brilliant.)

Whatever the images, this stuff works for me.  I feel calm and deliberate.  Self-reliant.  So far, so good.

A crawl home along the M3, back to normality.  And to find out how this fits in my daily life.

I suspect I know what Professor Yaffle would say.      

Fiddlesticks and flapdoodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment