Friday 23 December 2011

Day 49: Big Puddings

A early swoop on the supermarket.  Even at eight-thirty it's a log-jam of trolleys, and distinctly stabby round the sprouts.   

My experience in the supermarket is exponentially improved by my decision to be unfailingly courteous and generous.  I stand back for people, I manoeuvre my trolley considerately, I smile.  And removing the option of deciding to get annoyed makes for an easier life.  I'm not sure anyone else notices (they only have eyes for sprouts) but I have a much better time.  

Within reason.  I have no intention of going anywhere near a supermarket again until next week. Don't need to. Have an unfeasible number of clementines, so no chance of scurvy.

Following on from yesterday, I have been keeping my eye out for things to say 'yes' to.  No cake or holly - but I have found myself agreeing to make pudding for twenty-eight people on New Year's Eve.  Not quite the 'yes' I was thinking of.  I must be working a different algorithm to Jude. 

Actually, I'm quite happy to make puddings.  I rarely get the chance to cook for such large numbers. 

Unexplored recipes.
Generous quantities. 
Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment