Saturday 21 January 2012

Day 78: Diminished Responsibility

Stuffed full of cold.   After a night of mouth-breathing, I wake dehydrated and sounding like Barry White.   Manage this the best way I know how - a large coffee and a run.   Kill or cure.

May have underestimated this one.   Rather more kill than cure.   So the rest of the day has been subdued.   Adrenalin-free elements include an undemanding walk around the park, an omelette, a crossword, and a programme about criminal forensics in Luton.

Essentially I have become a pensioner for the day.   Time to turn the radio on way too loud.   If I had a Mr Kipling apple pie (which I would do, if I were the classic pensioner), I might be able to manage half.  I'd save the rest for next week. 

Yes. I know.   Ageist stereotyping.   Not my fault.   I'm ill, I tell you.   ILL!   Diminished responsibility through illness.


Off to paint a cock on a public building.

No comments:

Post a Comment