Tuesday 1 April 2014

Sideways Move

Reminded how much
I dislike Garfield.  Prick.
I am very much enjoying one of the neighbourhood cats. Overweight and exercise-shy, with plumy tail. The first time I saw him, he was eyeing the garden gate.  He concluded pretty quickly that there was no way in hell he would be jumping over, so he attempted to squeeze through the gap beneath.  Optimistic.

This cat crawls better
He ended up sprawled and pancaked, like one of those Garfield toys.  And stuck.  After fruitless failed-marine attempts at crawling, he turned on his side and bicycled wildly with back legs, slowly winning ground.

I've just spotted him again.  He doesn't even bother with considering a jump or a belly-down approach.  He has learned from experience, and now goes straight to his Heath Robinson sideways bicycle move.

If I had a cat, I'd want one like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment