Tuesday 25 March 2014

Penalty Kicks

This morning the machine in the station car park greedily ate my £7.40 and refused to issue a ticket. Unsurprisingly I didn't have a further £7.40 in coins (cards not accepted; change not given - helpful), so I had to sprint to WHSmith to break a tenner. Missed my train. Stood on dank platform, £14.80 down and disgruntled.

Left a note with the station supervisor for the car park attendant. Not holding out much hope for action, but feeling that I had to make some attempt - however feeble - to right wrongs.

A long and tough day. Approaching my car, I see the unmistakable yellow of a penalty notice stuck to my windscreen. I must have been in such a rush this morning that I forgot to display the replacement ticket on which I expended so much time, energy and cash. This is turning into a parking fiasco.

Open the penalty envelope.

Inside is a voucher for a day's free parking.


No comments:

Post a Comment