Saturday 8 December 2012

Return of Shitoba

Finally.  It's taken a whole month for my laptop to be repaired.  Just in time, because my ancient and trusty back-up laptop is giving me notice.  The battery can no longer take a charge - so that means no use if I am any distance from a socket.  When I do have a power source, it's incredibly slow and laboured.  And more and more frequently it decides to peremptorily shut down.  I feel like I am an evil circus owner, forcing an ancient carthorse to dance, when he simply needs to lie down and die.   

So I've been doing as little as possible - hence lack of posts.  Reasoning that if I don't overburden Dobbin, there's more likelihood that he'll see me through the necessary bits.  And to his credit, that has largely been the case.  (Although there was an embarrassing incident in front of eighty people last week.  At least I was prepared.)

The Toshiba is back.  Still got a squeaky keyboard.  But the 'o' seems to have stopped sticking.  Only time will tell if the power situation has been resolved.  This is the third time I've had it repaired in the ten months I've had it.  Every time I take it in to PC World, I am told what a 'good' make and model it is.

'Good'.  In the same way that Victoria Beckham is 'fat'.

No comments:

Post a Comment