Tuesday 18 December 2012

Return of Dobbin

Shitoba hung around for three whole days.  And then a shameful display of wanton non-compliance in front of a room full of steely-eyed lawyers.  Another trip to PC World.  Nicky (who's having terrible car trouble at the moment*) and Frank (he is the only person in his department to offer feedback upwards, because he has 'standards'*) are sympathetic messengers of doom.  Apparently a machine has to be returned with the SELF-SAME fault FOUR TIMES before the unit is considered 'faulty' and thoughts turn to refund or replacement.  So, I've got to dance round this particular mulberry bush at least one more time. 

'Please could you watch my wallet?'
Perhaps I could get someone to steal Shitoba.  Like in that terrible Donal MacIntyre documentary, where Donal, desperate to prove levels of crime in a inner city council estate does everything short of handing his expensive laptop to a street-youth and saying 'Can you hold this for a moment, please?'  Eventually the youth obligingly, if reluctantly, trots off with laptop.  Why do I suspect this wouldn't work with Shitoba?

This is the LAST time I will post about this situation.  Please be aware that if I am silent, it is Dobbin/Shitoba-related. 

I suspect that January may see a trip to the Apple store.

* I have spent more time with Nicky and Frank over the last three months than with any of my 'friends'.  This reflects badly on Shitoba.  And me.  We're probably a good fit (uncommitted and frequently absent). 


No comments:

Post a Comment