Monday 30 July 2012

Day 251: Wick and Breathe

An unnaturally quiet Saturday morning.  I go for a long run and the streets are deserted.  Everyone must be sleeping off an excess of Olympic spirit.  I am roadtesting my new cut-off leggings, which were expensive (for leggings) but are apparently full of technology - able to breathe (they have LUNGS!) and wick (they can absorb!).  This is beyond my expectations - I am just concerned that they will either a) fall down, so I will have to be constantly hitching them up or b) ride up, so I will be having to pull each leg down as bunched material chafes and annoys.  

My money was well-spent.  They stay in place, they are stretchy-comfortable, and they are as flattering as such things can be.  Plus they have fluorescent bits, and a hidden pocket for keys or enough money for an ice-cream (balance in all things). 

So excited by all of this that I run further than I would normally.  Get home.  Sweat.  Lie on the floor and breathe.  Then I wick some water, via a glass and my throat.  Cool down.  Dry off.

My leggings are good.  But I am even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment