Monday 2 July 2012

Day 239: Ninja Run

Simple pleasures.   I weave a brand new running route, along hedge-lined footpaths, cutting across vast wheat fields, then tunnelling spookily through dense woodland, before finishing off in Palladian park land.  All it would take is a bit of a sneaky snip, and I could connect this to my other favourite route. To make a circuit of epic beauty - add to the above a river, willows, water meadows, sheep and cows, plus an Elizabethan water mill, and a Roman amphitheatre.   And no roads.   No more need to run along 'the notorious Pre bend', with those four words echoing in my head ('notorious' is particularly loud) and my back tensing as cars whoosh past too fast.

It would only be a minor trespass.  I could wear dark colours and run silently.  Like a ninja.

Or I could just go and ask permission. 

(And then still run like a ninja.  Just for fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment