Wednesday 25 July 2012

Day 248: ~ is for ~pple

Today starts with me tipping a large cup of coffee over my bedside table, to flood over books, electrical sockets, anything in the vicinity that is white/dry-clean only, etc. You get the picture.  Please note that I do not own anything that is both white AND dry-clean only.  I am not John Travolta. (Although, his would most definitely have been machine-washable. Therefore this comment is n/a.)  Fortunately the sections of last weekend's Sunday Times are still hanging around, so I cast them over the approximate area to work their absorbent magic, because I cannot be hanging around to mop up the mess.

I've got other things to do.  Like losing a key of my laptop, which goes flying under a banquette of seats in a cafe.  This particular key has been troublesome since day one.  Unfortunate that it is the 'a' key.  Rather than the ~ or the ]. 

After some inelegant scuffling around, I find it, but it's not prepared to stay put anymore.  So I replace it with the ~ key, which is hanging on.  Just. As the 'a' used to.  I suspect there is something wrong with the underpinnings.  Where the ~ used to be, I now just have a naked rubbery nobble.  No problem.  I only use the ~ on high days and holidays - it will be a treat to touch the nobble on these occasions. 

When the ~ gives out, I shall replace it.  With [ and then ], followed by = and then z.  This should buy me enough of a window of opportunity to spill a cup of coffee over the entire thing, and to be forced to go to PC World again (see Day 122).  Then the circle will be complete. 

So, I have a plan.  Everything is fine.  But why the 'a' key?  Of all keys?  WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment