Monday 5 March 2012

Day 122: Mental Juju

Today I knocked a large mug of coffee all over my laptop.  The laptop that is barely six months old.  It is currently hanging out to dry, inverted tent-style on some newspaper. I know. I could just cut to the chase, snd get my arse straight down to PC World. But maybe, just maybe, a spark of life remains (I am optimistic by nature). Not giving up until I know for sure.

An internet search suggests letting it dry out for forty-eight hours.  This I can do.  Then I will perform compressions and mouth-to-mouth.  If nothing happens, then and only then will I indulge in a mourning ceremony - makeshift black hat (most likely to be a pair of leggings draped over my head - it's the colour that counts) and some moments spent reflecting on the time spent together.  Coffee shops - all those times I didn't spill anything.  The sofa (ditto).  That laptop was Robin to my Batman. 

The irony is that last week, during a workshop, a man put his coffee on the little laptop table I was using.  I asked him to move it, in case it got spilled.  I've never even thought about coffee on my laptop before.

SHIT!  This is the law of attraction in action.  Now I am SCARED OF MY MIND. 

Alternatively, perhaps I am clairvoyant.  I didn't make it happen.  I SAW it in advance!  Either way, I am in possession of some serious mental juju.

Good to know I have superpowers.  Not sure that's going to be enough to get me through a trip to PC World though.

Come on, laptop.  Stay with me.  You don't want to sleep.  We've got stuff to do.  Walk with me.  Don't go to the light.  Squeeze my hand.  SQUEEZE it, goddammit! 


(This post was brought to you by my ancient and heroic Dell, wheezy and overheating, but still in the game.  Good work.)

1 comment:

  1. Just when I thought you were done making me laugh, Coffee, Laptop, Twat hits me in the face.

    ReplyDelete