Monday 12 March 2012

Day 129: Ninja Dates

Stream-lined and Modern
(apparently)
I am changing the system.  The 'Day One Hundred and...' titling is getting too much, so I am going all numbery (stream-lined and modern).  Being as I am, that means I have to change EVERY post to reflect the New Look.  (And then wash my hands ten times before touching the light switch in every room.  Twice.) 

During the renumbering process I discover that there are TWO Day 53s.  Written over Christmas week - my brain befuddled with mincemeat.  Obviously I have to correct things.  Which means that my seminal Day 100, which felt like a milestone at the time, had actually already happened the day before.  Day 99 (the actual Day 100) was short and quickly-written.  I was saving my word-juice for Day 100 (aka Day 101).  

I think a lot of important days creep in quietly.  Because it's often only in retrospect that you realise they were significant.  Few come draped in bunting and balloons. 

Here's to Day 100s masquerading as 99s.  Stealth specials.  Ninja dates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment