Wednesday 6 August 2014

Don't Blame The Ball

The signs are there.  Some literal - the local PYO is displaying a board that reads 'Closed - End of Season', and the high street is full of 'Back To School' window stickers.  Some less so. On my run yesterday I noticed blackberries and fledgling conker cases.

Balls don't kill people.  Golfers do.
(I'm surprised I spotted these, given that I put on a turn of speed to get across the golf course as quickly as possible.  It's a public footpath, but dotted with sinister signs saying 'Beware of golf balls and golfers'*.  I am warier of the latter than the former.  Although a golfer without a ball is a paper tiger, unless you're within stick radius.  A ball without a golfer is entirely blameless.)

Everything's pointing to autumn.  Confusing because I have yet to go on holiday - fifteen days and counting. I will be coming back to mushrooms and jumpers.

Wrong. This is going to spin me out, man.  

Know your enemy

* I note there are no signs saying 'Careful - Public Footpath'. It's pretty clear who calls the shots round here. With a Big Bertha, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment